The day trip departs from the hotel headed to the David Sheldrick Elephant orphanage. You will arrive in time when the baby elephants come from the woods for feeding. You will have an hour time where you will interact with the young calves as a brief history of each of them is given. David Sheldrick Conservation Foundation rehabilitates baby elephants and other wildlife here at her home just outside of Nairobi National Park. These babies have lost their mothers to poaching, death, injuries, on getting lost in the wild or other tragedies.
Then you will head to the Giraffe Centre in Karen where you will feed as you pose for photos with the giraffes. The Giraffe Center is a non-profit organization founded by Betty and Jock Leslie-Melville in 1979. The Center is dedicated to educating the Kenyan youth in conservation of the environment and the preservation of endangered Rothschild Giraffe and their habitats.
Later you will head to Karen Blixen museum before heading to the Nairobi national park for either a game drive, a visit to the animal orphanage or a walk on the safari walk.
Pick up – 10:30am
Sheldrick Orphanage: 11am – 12:00pm
Giraffe center: 12pm – 1:30pm
Karen Blixen Museum: 1:30pm – 3:00pm
Nairobi National Park 3.30-6.00pm
- Transportation and driver’s allowance.
- All entrance fees to the areas as shown in the itinerary.
- All items of a personal nature.
- Park Fees
- Transport by Safari Van
- Accommodation- clean with hot showers
- 3 Meals a day
- Bottled Drinking Water
- Game Drives
- Services of a qualified driver guide
- Items of personal nature
- Medical insurance
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.)
- Drinks and any other item not specified above